How to Start Your Own Business (Success Story)



I have seen many people stopped their company, business because of investments. Some people don't start their business or company because of a lack of investments. They think they may fail. That's why I wrote this article to tell you about my experiences. This story is about Sunny Bird E-Solutions. Now I'm going to tell you how I started 'Sunny Bird E-Solutions' and how I developed it.

When I was 14 years old, I tried to learn how to earn money from the internet. Then I joined some Facebook groups and I read some websites that teach e-money methods. Those all ware about PTC (Paid to Click) sites. Those all e-money teachers needed more referrals only. I also started to work on many PTC sites such as probux, clixsense, neobux, lexbux, etc.

When I was 15 years old, I could understand that PTC sites were wasting my time and data. But I continued it until I withdraw my money. Finally, I could withdraw about 25$ within a year. I write these things to tell you not to work with PTC sites if you don't have a lot of money to invest.
After that, I learnt about freelancing sites such as Fiverr, Freelancer.com, ODesk, etc. It's a really good e-money method if you have skills and abilities. I joined with freelancer.com. But there was no one to give me a job because I was only 15 years old.

After that, I could find the real path to success. I understood that we should learn something special and we should market ourselves before earn something. We should have awareness, skills, good attitudes, new ideas to earn something. Another thing I got was 'we should earn not only money but also people, awareness, respect, etc.

When I was 15 years old, I had a new idea to start my own company. I started it on 01/01/2014 after my O/L exam. I named it as 'Sunny Bird E-Ads'. It was an online advertising and marketing company. I planned to design banner advertisements for companies and published them on my blogs, websites, search engines results, and Facebook.


So I needed some advertisers to start my company. I went to Godagama town and asked for an advertisement from each and every company in Godagama. There was no one to advertise with Sunny Bird E-Ads. But I didn't give up. I went to Homagama town and asked for an advertisement from companies in Homagama. Thankfully the manager of 'New Senadeera Book Shop Homagama' could understand what I was going to do. They advertised with Sunny Bird E-Ads. Then I could have 4 more advertisements from various companies. My father's ad was also there.

Jayamini Gem Lapidary in Sri Lanka 
Senadeera Bookshop Homagama


Services I provided for our advertisers -
  • Design a banner advertisement (My sister did it because she is good in graphic designing)
  • Publish the banner ad on 1 web site and 3 blogs
  • Publish the banner ad on Facebook and share it once a week
  • Provide these all services for 2 years for only Rs.1500 (Don't think I'm a mad fool)

It was the kick start. It was very hard because I had no money to invest. I had only 5 years old Pentium 4 computer and pocket money, my father gives me. I should tell you something about my Pentium 4 computer. It took about a minute to open a web browser and it took 2 minutes to open Photoshop. No need to tell more about it. But I started my company with that lovely computer.
I think it was a good kick start. You will also think so after reading this article.

With these all things, I continued my education because I know that 'we need to learn before earn'. So I got 9 A passes for O/L exam and I started to study A/L maths. I did a software engineering diploma also. Then I started to follow some online courses and I started to follow successful people. I tried to market myself and to market my company.

So I changed my company name to 'Sunny Bird E-Solutions' on 01/01/2016 and stopped our advertising services and started to provide web engineering, software engineering, and e-marketing services. I joined with Fiverr.com to provide our services online in 2015. Then our company could earn a good profit online and off-line. We earn using ad-networks too. I got some experience studying online service providers such as Lahiru Darshana aiya, Madhawa aiya, Jay Neymar Aiya, etc.

We stopped working at fiverr.com because we had a lot of off-line jobs and we had to study. So I asked from my friends to join with Sunny Bird E-Solutions as employees. Now there are 5 employees (with me and my sister) in Sunny Bird E-Solutions. I spend 25% from our profit to market our company. We should market our company if we expect more jobs in future. Then each and every employee can earn at least Rs.15000 per month. We all do our job as a part time job because we have to study and we have to do so many varies things in our life to make it better.

Now we have a job queue to finish. We need more employees. So you aslo can apply for a part time job at 'Sunny Bird E-Solutions' clicking on below link.


We need a marketing manager and a photographer urgently. We need your experience and your skills only. We don't expect your certificates. If you think you are good in photography sector, you can apply.

Now you all know that every kick start of a new company was very hard. But never give up anything. There's a day to win. As the end of this article, I have written some key facts below. Study them and start your own business or company. Don't be afraid. Just start it.
  • Learn every time from everything (problems, people, failed projects, etc)
  • Learn something special
  • Market yourself and market your company (Market to a targeted audience only because some people don't care what you do)
  • Earn people before earn money
  • Think to change the world and create new ideas
  • Make happy your customers every time and keep contacts with them
  • Don't stop your education for any reason
  • Don't worry about investments because There are many things to do without big investments. (You know that I started my company with pocket money and my old lovely computer)
  • Every time, look for alternatives. (Do everything keeping some alternatives too)
  • Work hard and work on time.

This article will induce you to start your own company. It's all up to you. Leave your comments below asking any questions or reviewing this article. Thank you!!! Good Luck!!!